From October 14 to November 4 Xwi7xwa Library (Karleen Delaurier-Lyle) will be hosting a series of presentations and workshops offered both virtually and in person (FNHL Longhouse Boardroom – 1985 West Mall).
- October 14 (1-2:30PM): Exploring Resources
- Does your assignment require peer-reviewed sources but you aren’t sure what that means? Are you unsure of the differences between primary & secondary sources? This session covers the basics to answer these questions and the essential differences between books, journal articles, and more! https://ubc.zoom.us/j/61989143279?pwd=VHRySlZmQzJLSDFoZXBmNC95aHN0dz09
- October 21 (1-2:30PM): Finding Resources
- Learn how to search Summon, UBC Library catalogue, Xwi7xwa specific resources, and how to find and search relevant databases.
- November 4 (3-4:30PM): Indigenous Research Methods
- How to find Indigenous Research Methods & create your own facilitated with student librarian Taya Jardine using Kathleen Absolon’s flower methodology (see: http://resolve.library.ubc.ca/cgi-bin/catsearch?bid=5729072)
- RESCHEDULED: November 10 (1-2:30PM): Citation
- Citation basics (MLA, APA, Chicago) & citation management tools available to you through UBC Library.
RSVP for desired presentations here: https://ubc.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_88PnIDA54APS7qK
Please contact: Karleen.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions!